- Pack Meeting - Wednesday, January 21st - Skit Night
- Blue and Gold Banquet - Saturday, January 31st - see below for details
January Pack Meeting - The next Pack meeting will be Wednesday, January 21st at Jones Lane ES starting PROMPTLY at 7:15PM. We will fun-filled evening:
- This will be the night for the Bear, Wolf and Tiger dens to "ham it up" a bit. Each Den will be performing one or more skits (more details from your Den Leaders). Feel free to bring your video cameras - one of these scouts may be a famous star in the future and you don't want to miss their debut.
Wolves/Tigers have set-up (please arrive by 7PM). Webelos II have opening and closing ceremonies. Webelos I have clean up.
Blue and Gold Banquet - Save the Date! The annual Blue and Gold Banquet is scheduled for Saturday, January 31st, 6:00-8:30 pm at JLES in the All Purpose Room. Note that this is a change from the originally scheduled date.
The Blue and Gold Committee has a fun-filled, exciting and patriotic evening planned for you! There will be games, awards, and some very special guests. Also a reminder that the structure will be a bit different than we have had in previous years - specifically we won't be awarding the rank awards at the Blue & Gold - we'll be doing that at the Court of Honor at the March Pack meeting.
In order to put on such a special event, the committee needs a little help from the Pack:
- Pictures needed : The committee is planning a slideshow of all the boys in the Pack, from when they first started scouting up until now. So, if you could email pictures to Tara Kavadias (email@example.com) by [date??]. Please send up to 5 pictures of each child-from every year they have been in scouting. If it is easier for you (and it might be easier for Tara), if you put all of your pictures on a disk or a flash drive and drop that at Tara's house-12825 Talley Lane.
- Centerpieces : The committee also needs each of the dens to work on their flower arrangements and drop them with Tara by [date??]. Den leaders, if you have questions about how to make the arrangements, please contact Tara.
- RSVP Form : The Blue and Gold RSVP form is available here. This is a true family event - aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. are welcome as well. Please fill it out, and drop the order form along with payment at Tara's house by Monday, January 26th. If you have questions, please feel free to contact Tara.
Pinewood Derby - The annual Pinewood Derby is scheduled for Saturday, March 7th, roughly 8 am-12 noon. In addition to the Den and Pack competition, we will have an "open" division, for siblings to compete. The car kits (one per scout) will be distributed at the January Pack meeting, so get your sandpaper, paints and brushes ready! Stand by for more details in next month's newsletter.
February - no Pack meeting - There will be no Pack meeting in February. We'll be back on schedule in March, with the Pinewood Derby, and the Court of Honor on our usual 3rd Wednesday (March 18th). We will however, have a parents & leaders midyear check-in and planning meeting during February - date TBD.
- Goshen: For the current Webelos I and Bear dens (i.e., the boys who will be Webelos I or II by the summer), they are eligible to attend the 1-week overnight summer camp at the Goshen Scout Reservation in Southwestern Virginia. Our Pack has been assigned the week of July 19-25 at Camp PMI (one of the two Webelos camps at Goshen). Please starting thinking about whether your Scout will attend; we'll also need a parent to coordinate the week, and we will need to have at least two parents onsite at all times while the boys are there.
- Snyder: For the younger boys (current Tigers and Wolves), Camp Snyder, located near Haymarket, VA, has weekend programs in the summer that are a great introduction to camping for the boys. Booking is more flexible with these, but start thinking about whether you might want to attend. We recommend a one-to-one Scout-to-adult ratio for this. We're also looking for an adult to coordinate this.
- PDF files for current and previous newsletters are available here:
- September 2013
- October 2013
- November 2013
- December 2013
- January 2014
- February 2014
- March 2014
- April 2014
- May 2014
- September 2014
- October 2014
- November 2014
- December 2014
- January 2015