- Pinewood Derby - Saturday, March 7th at 8:00 AM - see the rules and information here.
- March Pack Meeting - Wednesday, March 18th, 7:15 at Jones Lane.
- April Pack Meeting & Arrow of Light - Wednesday, April 15.
Pinewood Derby - Our annual Pinewood Derby is next Saturday, March 7, 8 am-12 noon at Jones Lane ES. A copy of this year's rules is available here. Several important items:
- Numbering the cars : Please see the numbers assigned to your Scout in the attachment with the rules - please ensure that his car is numbered
- Test track : For those wanting to do testing and/or weigh-in, the track will be available at Jones Lane ES from 8 to 10 pm on Friday, March 6th. We will have the scale / dimension instrument available as well to confirm weight and fit.
- Derby day schedule : Check-in for the Derby will start at 8:15 am on March 7, and we need to have all cars checked in by 8:45 am.
March Pack Meeting - The monthly Pack meeting will be Wednesday, March 18th at Jones Lane starting PROMPTLY at 7:15PM. While we had originally planned to have a Court of Honor at the meeting, we have moved our plans for awarding the rank awards (Tiger, Wolf, etc.) - we'll now be doing that as part of the campout on the afternoon of May 1. Set up for the meeting will be by the Webelos 2 den (please arrive early). Opening and closing ceremonies will be performed by the Webelos 1 den. Cleanup will be by the Bear 1 den.
April Pack Meeting & Arrow of Light Ceremony - Mark your calendars - our April Pack meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, April 15. At the meeting, we will award the Arrow of Light to our departing Webelos 2 Scouts. This is a special occasion and a chance for all the boys to see what awaits them when they earn the highest award in Cub Scouts and cross the bridge into Boy Scouting. The meeting will be held at Fairhaven United Methodist Church (corner of Darnestown Rd & Jones Ln); in the event of rain we'll hold it at Jones Lane ES.
Adult Leaders & Parents Meeting follow-up - Thanks to all who attended the mid-year adult leaders and parents meeting. A copy of the agenda topics and minutes is available here. Please contact Eric or Gerard if you have any questions about the outcome or anything you'd like to bring to our attention.
Goshen Summer Camp - Goshen Camp is a one-week sleep away camp in Virginia for current Bears and first-year Webelos. Our slot this year is July 19-25. Some of the activities include a rock wall, rifle shooting, archery, swimming, boating, crafts, and playing with slimy animals. Scouts who have attended the Goshen Summer Camp in the past have had a blast (as have the parents who have gone with them as leaders). We're still looking for a parent who will be attending to coordinate registration and planning - please contact Eric or Gerard if you're interested.
Snyder Summer Camp and other opportunities - There are many other opportunities for scouts of all ages to participate in summer camp, including the Camp Snyder overnight program. Current Tigers and Wolves are the perfect age to attend. In addition there are shorter sleep-away camps, parent-son weekends, and weeklong day camps. For further information on what's available please see the NCAC website and look under both "Cub Scout Day Camps" and "Camp William B. Snyder" for more details about the camps.
Other Upcoming Activities - We'll have several spring events - stay tuned for specific dates and times
- Spring family campout : Confirmed for Little Bennett Park, May 1-2. As noted above, we'll be handing out the rank awards in a ceremony Saturday afternoon.
- District Archery Day : April 19; details and Pack sign-up TBD.
- Pack Hike : Likely to be a Sunday afternoon sometime in March, April, or May
- Pack service project : We'll be planning a service project for the American Legion Post
- Chess Night : Stand by for a date - likely a Friday evening
- PDF files for current and previous newsletters are available here:
- September 2013
- October 2013
- November 2013
- December 2013
- January 2014
- February 2014
- March 2014
- April 2014
- May 2014
- September 2014
- October 2014
- November 2014
- December 2014
- January 2015
- February 2015
- March 2015